Hello friend! My name is Holly Jochims, and I’m the Marketing Coordinator here at Lord of Hosts Church. This week, I’m honored to share a word to help encourage you with any challenges you may face.
Have you ever had the enemy toss a challenge your way? It could be in your finances, health, mindset, or even your family, but God’s Word helps you combat those challenges, and emerge victorious on the other side!
One of my favorite stories in the Bible is in 2 Chronicles 20 where King Jehoshaphat was given some tough news regarding several armies charging toward his people. The situation looked bleak, but the king and his people took the news, and shifted their focus from the facts of the situation over to the Lord and His promises.
Here are seven things, from 2 Chronicles 20, that Jehoshaphat and his people did to become victorious, and you can use these today for your situations:
- Get with God (verse 3). While the Bible acknowledges that Jehoshaphat was scared, he immediately sought the Lord FIRST. Seeking the Lord breaks fear.
- Gather with prayer warriors (verse 4). A great way to get an edge over the enemy is to gather prayer warriors together with you.
- Acknowledge God (verse 6). When we declare scriptures over our situation, we acknowledge who God is in our circumstances.
- Rehearse God’s promises (verse 7). Take those same scriptures, as mentioned above, and continue to decree them over your life, multiple times, to encourage your faith for your breakthrough.
- Expect God to move (verse 12). When you don’t know what to do, it’s important to shift your focus from what you can do, to what God can do. Trust that He will move!
- Gather your family for prayer (verse 13). I love how additional prayer was mentioned. There’s always power in praying together with believers. Even if you don’t have immediate family members to call upon, to join you in prayer, our Lord of Hosts Church family and prayer team, are here to stand with you.
- Praise and Worship (verses 18-21). When we have worship go before us, God’s redemptive plan is activated. Under normal military situations, the strongest take the front lines in battle. But when it comes to the spirit realm, praise and worship take their place.
So, let me encourage you this week to read 2 Chronicles 20, and use this same battle plan to watch God move on your behalf! You are victorious in Christ, and God has an amazing future for you on the other side!